VW Butterfly Valves are the ideal solution for the interception of gravity-fed or pneumatically conveyed dry powders or granules in a variety of bulk solids handling and processing plants.
DescriptionVW Butterfly Valves consist of a single block body manufactured from die-cast aluminium, a carbon steel or stainless steel disc including shafts, and an elastomer seal. An adjusting lever or pneumatic or electric actuator can be applied to the valve. The three WAM-type actuators are perfectly interchangeable. Interchangeability of the drive shaft (standard: DIN 5482; option: ISO 5211) and universal connection to different size flanges results in variety of configurations.
FunctionVW Butterfly Valves are used in virtually all types of bulk solids processing plants where interception of gravity-fed or pneumatically conveyed dry powders or granules is required. This type of valve is particularly suitable for pneumatic conveying operations, in both dilute and dense phase applications, provided the operating pressure does not exceed 2.5 bar (36 PSI). Due to its particular design features and the materials used, the VW Butterfly Valve represents the ideal solution in many cases, both from a technical and an economic point of view.
- Ø = DIN 100 ~ DIN 400
- Gauge: EN 558 Series 20; ISO 5752; API 609
- Coupling flanges: DIN 2501 PN 2.5 / 6 / 10 / 16; ANSI B 16.5, class 150
- Coupling flange surface design: DIN 2526, form A
- Actuator coupling flange: EN ISO 5211 or DIN 5482
- Valve identification: DIN EN 19
- Leak test: EN 12 266-1, EN 12 266-2, A grade
- Operating temperature: -20 °C ~ 90 °C (-4 °F ~ 194 °F)
- Differential pressure: max. 2.5 bar (36.3 PSI)
- Operating pressure: max. 2.5 bar (36.3 PSI)
- Few components
- Interchangeable discs
- Replaceable gasket
- Highly abrasion-resistant
- Easy to fit
- Quick maintenance
- Ex-stock delivery