The WBH Batch-Type Single Shaft Mixer is the ideal machine to obtain highest quality mixtures in perfectly reproducible batches. In the last three decades MAP has supplied thousands of mixers to a large variety of industries worldwide. Mixing tests for customers are performed in the Group’s own laboratories in currently more than fifteen countries.
High quality mixes in shortest mixing time
Excellent reproducibility of batches
Profound know-how in mixing applications
DescriptionWBH Horizontal Single Shaft Batch Mixers consist of a mixing drum vessel with an inlet, an outlet with discharge valve and a venting spout, a full material mixing shaft, two drum closing end plates that carry flanged end bearing assemblies complete with integrated air or gas-purged shaft seals, and a drive unit complete with power transmission.
Ploughshare or inclined blade-type shovel tools rotate as mixing tools in a special arrangement on the mixer shaft in a horizontal, cylindrical drum vessel. The result is a turbulence in the mix that constantly involves all the product particles in the mixing process. The formation of dead spots or slow-movement zones in the mixing drum is prevented ensuring precise mixing. In some cases, to obtain the desired mixing effect, separately driven high-speed choppers can be installed.
FunctionThe WBH Horizontal Single Shaft Batch Mixer is based on the principle of mechanical fluidisation of the product.
The particular shape, position and rotation speed of the mixing tools, creates a centrifugal vortex motion which allows the materials to be projected in a three-dimensional way and to merge with each other. This ensures that ingredients with different particle size and bulk density are perfectly blended and mixed with high precision within the shortest possible time.
WBH Batch-type Mixers are used for mixing dry powders, granules or short fibres, for moistening, agglomerating or granulating the same materials, or for mixing liquids or low viscosity pastes.
- Capacity: 10 to 20,000 litres per batch
- Mixing ratio: 1/100,000
- Variation coefficient (CV): 3 ~ 5%
- Possibility of adding up to 20% of liquid
- End bearing assemblies with various types of air or nitrogen-purged shaft seals or grease sealing
- Heavy-duty mixing chamber manufactured from carbon steel, anti-wear steel or 304L / 316L stainless steel
- Stainless steel surface finishing: grit silking, mirror polishing, glass bead blasting
- Wide range of mixing tools (boxed ploughshare, toothed ploughshare, blade, toothed blade-type) available, with anti-wear coating on request
- No product deterioration or damage
- Low maintenance
- Durable machine
- Power rating adapted to application
- Easy cleaning and access to all internal parts of the mixer
- Mixing know-how and test facilities
- Special anti-wear surface treatment (anti-wear liner, easily replaceable wear-resistant coating tiles, ceramic liner, Teflon liner, stainless steel mesh)
- High-speed choppers
- Liquid injection device
- Pneumatic sampling device
- Pneumatic control panel
- Heating / cooling jacketed mixing chamber
- PT 100 temperature probe on jacketed mixing chamber