EXTRABEND are innovative, polymer cast short radius Pipe Elbows inserted as a link in pneumatic conveying ducts. Their special geometry enables diversion of the material flow at minimum wear due to a dead zone at the point of diversion.
Elasticity of SINT ensures conveying of material without particle breakdown, grinding or jamming
DescriptionEXTRABEND are short radius Pipe Elbows that are inserted as a link in pneumatic conveying ducts. They are manufactured from a one-piece SINT engineering polymer cast. Their special geometry enables diversion of the material flow at minimum wear due to a dead zone at the point of diversion.
FunctionPatented EXTRABEND Pipe Elbows offer a substantially innovative geometry suitable aiming at wear reduction during operation in all types of dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems.
The body cavity next to the point of diversion generates an internal turbulence of the material which protects the pipe elbow from wear caused by the material travelling through the duct.
- SINT engineering polymer-cast body design
- Different qualities of SINT engineering polymer available for handling plastic pellets, granules, sand or fine, abrasive or chemically highly aggressive powders
- PN-type connecting flanges
- Elasticity of SINT ensures conveying of material without particle breakdown, grinding or jamming
- Considerable reduction of flow resistance, consequently energy saving pneumatic conveying
- Shifting of the wear zone into the bulk material cushion due to elasticity of SINT engineering polymer
- Wear protection through optimised body thickness and formation of a material buffer cushion during dense phase conveying
- Low cost for installation, pipeline support and installation thanks to compact design
- Minimised pressure drop
- Low wear on conveying pipe
- No risk of clogging
- Lightweight and durable
- Minimum maintenance
- Ex-stock delivery
- No risk of mechanical degradation or biochemical decomposition of the material (wide impact zone)
- Higher resistance to wear than traditional steel pipe elbows
- Particularly suitable for retrofitting
- Reduced noise level
- Easy disposal
- For both vacuum and positive pressure conveying and for low density dilute phase pneumatic conveying
- Connecting spigot for existing ducts
- Food-grade version (FDA-approved)